Monday, December 18, 2017

Blood Is Thicker blog #2 Detroit arrival

Detroit arrival


I am Hakeem I have arrived in Detroit I already miss home. My memories of Detroit were bitter and reminded me of the past from long ago. As we pulled up to uncle james’s house I felt like my world has ended, I am angry that we had to move from home to my uncle james’s house forced to live in a unfamiliar place with strangers that i barely know, but I can’t say much I am the man of the family since my dad is sick. Last time I saw my dad’s side of the family was ten years ago. When I got out after we pulled up I looked around at my new neighborhood it was like i have been dropped off in the center of unusual and unfriendly world. My cousin Savon stepped outside of the house as i looked up from the truck of the car he was a chubby kid ten years ago and now he is heavily built young man. He says i haven't changed much still skinny but now i look like a toothpick which i wasn’t sure if he was being mean or just playing around. Almost everyone has changed since the last time they saw each other. Aunt Lorraine has gained a lot of weight since last time we was here. Savon and I have a lot of catching up to do but I felt as if Savon was angry at me for some reason he kept say negative stuff toward me and being a jerk I was going to figure out why soon. Despite family all around, I feel as if I am unwanted here by Savon.

1 comment: